The BioSteps 10 filter comes with a thumb wing plug for the
drain. It also comes with a hosetail barb bulkhead for feeding
the filter with unfiltered water. Add a more minimum maintenance
approach to servicing the filter with the addition of this plumbing
1. 1/2 inch flexpipe with ball valve diverts water from the
filter input to purge filter media during servicing. The pondkeeper
simply turns off the feed valve (#3) and opens diverter valve
(#2) diverting all the water from the pump to the diverter line.
2. 1/2 inch ball valve for flow control to diverter line.
3. 1" ball valve controls flow to filter.
4. 1" x 1" x 1/2" combination 90 degree fitting
splits pump discharge line to feed filter and diverter.
5. Matala bukhead for filter drain with flexpipe, male adapter,
ball valve and flexpipe.